Includes exciting changes at Digivante, which gift card bugs reduce your revenue and how to avoid them, and what to check out on our social platforms.
Whether you’ve recently joined us or you’ve been a part of our community since the BugFinders era, we’d like to welcome you to the first ever ‘Digivante Update’.
The Digivante way
So far, 2019 has been dominated by our internal teams engineering and perfecting Digivante’s new website and solutions. So, what’s new on the site?
- Meet the amazing Digivante team on the About Us page.
- Find out more about our products and prices on the Solutions page.
As we continue to grow, more exciting content will be added to our website and social media pages, from events and webinars to eBooks and business brunches. Make sure you keep up to date by following us on our social media platforms or via email.
Your Digital Fix
This month, we encountered an old foe while testing on a well-known UK retailer’s site, which has over 2500 stores nationwide. You guessed it – gift cards were playing up again. On this occasion, the problem was preventing customers from purchasing items where the full balance of the order was paid using valid gift card on both Mac and Windows browsers. After fixing the bug, we were able to deliver a significant increase in conversions and sales to our client.
Unfortunately, this is a recurring issue – and no-one is immune. So, what can you do to prevent gift card and discount code issues?
- Avoid using simplistic discount codes on high-end brands like NOW50 or DRESS25. These are used by multiple brands and can end up costing you money.
- Ensure that all your gift cards are localised. If a UK customer purchases a gift card then you need to ensure that the gift card is in GBP and not USD.
- Check that when gift card amounts are entered, customers are not able to input minus amounts. This can result in the chosen amount being automatically deducted from the shopping cart’s overall price. We promise you, this does happen!
- Routinely check your customer journeys. Often, promotional discounts are sent over email but with multiple browsers and devices being used, your customer’s journey from the discounted email link to the checkout can be faulty or will fail all together. Testing your customer journeys regularly with external agencies will ensure a wide device and browser coverage, costing you less time and money.
We are social
We are now on Instagram, where we’ll be updating you on all of Digivante’s activities and events. Get to know us and about our future projects there!